Celebrating Mother's Day The Filipino Way


Mother’s Day, holiday in honour of mothers that is celebrated in countries throughout the world. In its modern form the holiday originated in the United States, where it is observed on the second Sunday in May. Many other countries also celebrate the holiday on this date, while some mark the observance at other times of the year.


Common ways to treat Mum right on Mother’s Day in the Philippines include bringing her breakfast in bed, taking her out for lunch or dinner, giving her a card or a present, making a special phone call to tell her how much you miss her and love her, and just showing up at the family Mother’s Day event to spend some time with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------



Our family celebrates Mother's Day by going out and spending quality time together. We then buy gifts for our mother and also bring home a cake. Mostly, throughout the years, we only spent quality time with our mother, going out and eating out with her. My Mother cherishes the presents we give, but even if we don't give her a present, she is already content with our presence as we celebrate this holiday.


I am thankful to have a loving and caring Mother, a Mother who took care of me and saw me grew up to what I am now. My Mother who was there for me. I am thankful for what you have done for me my whole life, I am thankful for your presence throughout my life and I hope you'll be proud of me someday. Thank You for being a considerate and loving Mom. Happy Mother's Day Dear Mother!
Also,
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers around the globe!

References:

https://publicholidays.ph/mothers-day/

Comments

Popular Posts